Golf Course conditions are being updated daily during the fall and winter.
- Course Condition: Open
- First tee time : 8:00am
- Front 9 / Back 9 Start : Front 9 start
- Number of temporary Greens: All greens open
- Cart Status: Carts on paths only
- Blue Flags Allowed today: NO
- Practice Facility: Limited stalls available due to maitenance, putting / chipping greens open
- Date: February / 28 / 2024
- Time of update: 7:30am
- Next update: 7:30 am February / 28 / 2024
- Golf Shop and Driving Range open: 7:30am - 5:30 pm only
*NEW* Green Conditions: Daily Report
2023/24 Multimat Winter Program
Frequently Asked Questions
1) Why are we using the Multimat at Olympic View? The purpose of the Multimat is to decrease the number of divots being produced over our fall/winter season. The result will be a marked improvement in our fairway conditioning as we enter Spring 2024.
2) Do I have to use the Multimat? Yes, we are asking all members and public players to please use the multimat during our winter season. We have seen increased volumes of play and we have now entered the time of year when grass does not germinate and heal itself. Note: if you do not want to use the Multimat you MUST pick your ball up and move to the nearest point in the rough and continue playing from there.
3) Where do I use the Multimat?The Multimat will be used on all fairways and fringe cut areas. You will use it for all clubs except a putter.
4) Is there a proper way to use the Multimat? Yes. Please refer to the attached Multimat instruction sheet. The instructions will give you the recommended do’s and don’t’s in order to get the best results.
5) Do I use the Multimat for teeing off? Yes and No. We are asking you use a Multimat on all teeing areas you would traditionally take a divot like par 3’s and short par 4’s. If you are using a wood to tee off you do not need to use a Multimat.
6) Do I use the Multimat in the rough, bunkers, cart path or penalty areas? The Multimat does not need to be used in the rough (This is optional for those not competing in league sanctioned events). You cannot use the Multimat to improve your lie in a bunker, on a cart path or in a penalty area.
7) Are you allowed to post a score while using a Multimat? Under the new World Handicap System (WHS) you are not allowed to post a score while using the Multimat. Note: The active season in BC runs from March 1 – November 15. Multimats are not to be used during this time. Starting November 16th handicaps will be frozen and multimats can be used. If you travel and play in an active zone (Florida, Palm Springs etc.) you will need to post these scores, and they will count towards your regular handicap.
8) How do I get a Multimat? Multimats can be picked up from the first tee at the beginning of you round. After you have finished playing please deposit the Multimat either in the bucket by the golf shop or 18th green. We will clean the mats and have them ready for your next round.
9) Can I keep the Multimat? In order to ensure we have enough mats for everyone we are asking you to please pick up a Multimat on hole #1 and return the Multimat after your round to either the Golf shop or into the provided bucket by the 18th green.
10) Can I purchase a Multimat for my own use? Yes. We have placed an additional order for Multimats from our supplier. The course mats will be green in colour and the mats for sale will be purple. Multimats will retail for $19.95 plus taxes. We have seen first hand the positive results using the Multimat system has had on our course conditioning coming out of last fall/winter. We thank you for your continued support in making this program a success at Olympic View.
Book Online or call the Golf Shop: 250.474.3673