COVID-19 Policies & Procedures
Olympic View Golf Club is open for golf, with an updated set of guidelines and protocols.
As a business operator our priority is the well being and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees during this viral outbreak. Until this is behind us, we can expect many conversations and changing procedures. We continue to monitor the evolving global, federal and provincial public health situation around COVID-19 and commit to follow the latest directions provided to us by the relevant authorities. There are no limits as to the precautions that can be taken, however, with the information available we will endeavor to provide the safest environment possible for us to deliver a golf experience that adheres to our government and health regulators.
[Updated October 1, 2021]
Upon arrival at any of our properties, please note the following procedures:
- In accordance with British Columbia Public Health orders, all GolfBC facilities/restaurants we will be requiring guests, 12 years and older, to provide their BC Vaccine Card and a valid piece of government issued photo ID for all indoor and patio dining including any indoor banquet events or weddings.
- Masks are REQUIRED in all indoor spaces for everyone over the age of 12.
- Maintain physical distance in designated areas (look for floor signs).
GOLF OR CLUBHOUSE: INFORMATION REGARDING PROOF OF VACCINATION
Proof of vaccination will NOT be required:
- to golf
- to check-in for a round of golf
- to access the Golf Shop and/or retail areas
- to access general areas of the Clubhouse, including Washrooms, Administration offices or hallways
- at the Driving Range or Practice Facility, or for any golf lessons or instruction programs or clinics
- for any on-course food and beverage purchases (from the Refreshment Centre or Refreshment Cart)
- for take-out food pickup from the restaurant (if applicable)
Olympic View is taking certain measures to help prevent the possible spread of the virus. To support the efforts of the individual, we have implemented certain strategies at this property that include:
- The Golf Shop is open, limited to four guests in the shop at a time. Please allow for physical distancing at check in.
- The Clubhouse, Golf Shop and Practice Facility are open. Please follow posted signage and practice physical distancing while at the facility.
- Increased frequency of cleaning and disinfecting in all Club areas, especially in areas of high use, such as washrooms and door handles.
- Placing additional hand sanitizer stations in high traffic, communal areas e.g. entrance to clubhouse, exit from washrooms.
- Training employees on safety and sanitary precautions and protocols.
- Adding educational signage reminding all golfers and employees to take preventative measures to minimize risk.
It is imperative that Members and our Guests abide by the protocols below as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behavior so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.
- If you are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to our facility.
- Please do not visit if you live in a household with someone who has COVID-19 or is showing symptoms of COVID-19.
- Public drinking fountains and ball cleaners have either been removed or closed for use, please bring your own towel.
- Rakes have been removed. Smooth out the sand in the bunker with a club or your foot to the best of your ability.
- Please always follow signage and protocols provided to you by any of our employees.
Practice Facility Hours of Operation and Protocols
- Range balls can be purchased in the golf shop or at the dispenser by either credit card or cash. We do suggest purchasing a FOB from the golf shop which is our safest option.
- Increased spacing between hitting stalls.
- Increased cleaning protocols of golf balls and all touch points.
It is imperative that all golfers abide by the above protocols as failure to do so will result in the individual(s) being removed from the facility. We must all become socially responsible for our actions and behaviour so golf can remain open for the enjoyment of all, through these challenging times.